From: Yang ZHONG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2007 1:38:11 PM
Subject: Re: Build problem (Tuscany M2 SDO) (Linux)

Linux has different vendors, each has different versions.
JDK has different vendors, each has different versions configured with
different XML parsers by default.
Not sure Kelvin and you share the exactly same environment.

If a different XML parser worths trying to solve the problem, using IBM JDK
may be one of the easy ways.

On 1/5/07, Stanislaw T. Findeisen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yang ZHONG wrote:
> > Have the build test failures been solved? Many copying/forwarding on the
> > thread...
>
> Unfortunetely not.
>
> > If not, the following looks familiar to me:
> >       java.lang.NullPointerException
> >       at org.apache.crimson.tree.ElementNode2.getAttributeNodeNS(
> > ElementNode2.java:432)
> >       at org.apache.crimson.tree.ElementNode2.hasAttributeNS(
> > ElementNode2.java:388)
> >
> > It might be caused by a parser problem, a newer version or IBM parser
> might
> > solve the problem.
>
> Oh really?
>
> Why does it work for Kelvin, though? He says: "I have verified that the
> M2 tag of SDO builds on linux.".
>
> And if so -- what should I do? Perhaps the release needs to be fixed,
> hm? That's because I don't have any crimsons here, so that must be
> something being downloaded by maven.
>
> Kelvin, how did you perform that Linux build? Was that an "isolated"
> environment, with an empty CLASSPATH etc.?
>
> And what about that wstx-asl-3.0.1.pom? Is it unsignificant? What is it
> for?
>
> --
>     Leave this world better than it was when you were born.

Yang ZHONG