[snip]
Andrew Borley wrote:
Further things that could be done:
Demonstrate use of more than one language/SCA runtime. Currently all
components are implemented in Python. There is a Ruby version of the
POPChecker, but I hit threading issues when I tried to use this under
HTTPD so I had to replace it with a Python version.

The Ruby 1.8.5 interpreter is not thread safe. To work around this limitation on Windows (where HTTPD runs multithreaded) we can use CGI (or FastCGI like many Ruby on Rails users do).

Note that this is not really a problem on Linux where most people run multiple HTTPD processes instead of threads.

I have started a CGI variation of the server side REST binding support. This can be an interim solution on Windows until the Ruby interpreter becomes thread safe, as well as a super easy way to test REST based applications outside of the server, just from the command line...

BTW your Web 2.0 sample app is really cool!!

--
Jean-Sebastien