On 4/20/07, Luciano Resende <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Comments inline

On 4/20/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 4/20/07, Dennis Virt <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >

> > I'm quite new to Tuscany. SDO & DAS M2 unfortunately did not fit my
> > project
> > requirements. I'd like to use SDO M3 in my web service, which should
> offer
> > functionality similar to das-service example but not so generic.
> > Can anybody recommend some SCA version that should work inside webapp
> > together with SDO M3 (from current trunk)?
> > If there is no such version of SCA webapp runtime at the moment, maybe
> > somebody could point me to a howto on using Tuscany SDO in web
services?

> > Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,
> >
> > Dennis

> > The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by
> Experian.

> > Hi Dennis
>
> We are compiling the tuscany SCA Java runtime in the trunk against the
SDO
> code in the trunk and so we should be pretty much OK with whatever cut
> Kelvin finally takes for the SDO M3 release. Of course you will have to
> check the SCA source out of svn to use it. We are conciously trying to
> keep
> the trunk in a buildable state and building it is quite simple. We
haven't
> packaged a release yet although there is talk on the list  of doing one
> quite soon. If SCA doesn't do quite what you need just at the moment now
> is
> a great time to propose required features. See [1].
>
> I just looked at the build and the das-service sample is commented out
in
> the build. It looks like Luciano is in the middle of bringing up the
> das-sample so I'll let him comment on the likely prognosis there.

Yes, I was  bringing up the das-service sample when I hit the problem that
the war plugin was not available to package my application with the right
Tuscany dependencies, I could probably try to get it integrated with
Jetty,
but I was really thinking on getting the war plugin working again, as It's
probably going to be very useful for developers trying to build their own
webApp.

The Axis binding is up and running and the SDO databinding works with it.
> Well enough of it so that I could run our databinding web service tests.
>
> We also have modules that allow the axis binding to be exposed via
either
> Jetty or Tomcat engines embedded in the SCA runtime. So you can expose
web
> services with the SCA code in trunk but SCA is in charge in this
> configuration.
>
> What we don't have, as far as I know, is up to date code in the trunk
that
> allows SCA to be dropped into an exisiting web app container. We had
this
> in
> previous versions but I don't think its been ported over to work with
the
> latest trunk yet. I'm sure others are going to jump in here and correct
me
> if I'm wrong on this.

Yes, I also think you are right here...

What are you constraints on deploying your web service? What would you
like

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Luciano, I agree. I could certainly use it.

Simon