Posting to tuscany-user list as well to get input.

Any real world scenarios/samples that can be shared by users? It would be
great if we could start building a library of tips and real usage
examples..  a knowledge base.

Thanks
Haleh

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Java+SCA+Next+Release+Contents-

> any
> > aiming

> > The above link has an extrenuous "-" on the end. Taking that off gets
me
> > the page. Can we move this information across the to the new wiki
space
> (
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Home) so that
> > everyone (including non committers) can add to it?
> >
> > I'm working on the next phase of the distributed runtime which I want
> > get
> > into the next release. This involves a few items.
> >
> > SCA Binding
> > Topology model
> > Distributed domain
> > Node implementation
> > Management assembly
> >
> > Also I need some of the ws items, in particular the ability to run
> without
> > wsdl, so can help out there.
> >
> > We need to do something about logging and events to improvide runtime
> > usability. We've talked about it before but not done anything yet.
Ties
> > into
> > the management assembly.
> >
> > I'd also like to see the JMS binding in the release but can't commit
> > doing lots more work on including spec features. It's been working
fine
> > for
> > me in my limited synchronous/rpc model. If I get time I'll take a look
> > see what it will take to add minimum asynch support but if anyone else
> > fancies having a go at this then it's a good way to learn about
Tuscany
> > extensions.
>

> All these sound good, but its starting to sound a lot to get done in
just
> few weeks. How does the suggesting timeframe of 4 or so weeks sound?
>
> We'd talked once about having a release specifically targeting things
like
> logging, events, and error handling. I'd still like to do that, if
anyone
> wants to start now thats great but I doubt I'd have much time to help
this
> release.
>
>    ...ant

I think 4 weeks is a bit too short. Given that we are getting into holday
season I like the sound of 6 weeks better.

I agree there is a lot there but in the spirit of your WS list I wasn't
proposing that all of it gets done. I do think we need to make a start on
the logging/errors sooner rather than later though even if it doesn't get
into the next release. I'll offer my effort to help move it along once the
distributed work starts drawing to a close.

Simon