ant elder wrote:
I should have added that there is a work around already suggested by Nishant
- just move the .composite files out of the classes folder, eg to the
meta-inf folder next to the sca-contribution.xml works fine.

This is only a partial workaround. You'll see the same issue with .componentType, .wsdl, .xsd, .bpel, .xq, etc. Also .classes moved from WEB-INF/classes to a JAR inside WEB-INF/lib by the WebLogic deployment process will be missed by the current SDO factory scanning algorithm.

And having the
.composite files in the meta-inf folder works fine in Tomcat too.  Anyone
know why all the Tuscany samples put the .composite files where they do?

Yes, .composite, .componentType, .bpel, .xq, .wsdl, .xsd, .classes etc. are all together because they're all development artifacts. Typically development and build tools keep them together and package them together in bin/, classes/, WEB-INF/classes, or simply a JAR.

   ...ant