Hi Ron,
   the SDO code never touches ConfigurationCache directly,  and the EMF
JavaDoc says it is an internal API [1].  I guess this is one to raise with
EMF.  A google on ConfigurationCache reveals very little in terms of anyone
having hit this issue before.  Are you happy to raise this on the EMF
newsgroup?  I'm happy to support you as best I can,  but I think direct
communication between you and them is going to be the easiest way to resolve
this.
Kelvin.

http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.emf.doc/references/javadoc/org/eclipse/emf/ecore/xmi/impl/ConfigurationCache.html