On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 2:45 AM, Joshua Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Is it possible to send message to Tuscany? I've got this Interactive
> Voice Response program made by a vendor and it is able to send a
> message to a socket. Now, can tuscany receive those message from a
> certain port and then send back the response to the IVR ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Let's show the world what we've got.
>
> Blog: http://joshuajava.wordpress.com/

Hi Joshua

If the IVR can deal with HTTP, RMI or SOAP/WebServices then you can probably
use one of the bindings we already have.  However it sounds like you are
talking about a proprietary socket based protocol.

If that is true you would need to construct a new binding.socket, for
example,  to allow you to listen to messages and the send messages out via a
plain socket. You will likely need a databinding to marshal the messages
into the appropriate format.

This may all sound a bit daunting but it's actually quite easy to use the
Tuscany SPI to create binding and databinding extensions. There is a binding
extension sample you can look at, see samples/binding-echo-extension, and of
course there are a number of bindings and databindings already implemented
that can be referred to.

Hope that helps

Simon