Skip Schuler wrote:
So the thing is that I need to implement the Servlet interface, is that
right?

No you don't need to implement the Servlet interface. The workspace admin app does more than producing feeds and that's why it implements the Servlet interface in addition to the Collection interface used to produce feeds.

The following options are available for what you want to do:

A. Implement o.a.t.sca.implementation.data.api.Collection

This is a high level interface allowing you to produce feeds out of collections of data items, without having to deal with the details of ATOM or RSS in your code.

It has a query method, which will be invoked when the service is invoked with query parameters.

The Tuscany tutorial's ShoppingCart [1] shows an example, I just added code to it showing how to implement that query() method.

B. Implement o.a.t.sca.binding.atom.collection.Collection

That interface allows you to work with the ATOM feed directly if you need to, represented as an o.a.abdera.model.Feed model object. It also has a query method.

The feed-aggregator sample [2] shows how to implement that query method, and http://localhost:8083/atomAggregator?title=whatever now returns a feed of articles with titles containing 'whatever'.

C. Implement o.a.t.sca.binding.rss.collection.Collection to produce RSS feeds and in your code work with the RSS feed directly, represented as com.sun.syndication.feed.synd.SyndFeed model objects.

This is similar to (B) but for RSS feeds, with a query method as well.

Options (B) and (C) are available starting with Tuscany 1.2 release, which we are in the middle of releasing. I'd suggest to try 1.2 release candidate 1 as soon as it's available (probably today watch for any announcement from Luciano).

You'll see notable changes in 1.2 as it now uses Apache Abdera instead of ROME to provide better support for ATOM.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/tutorial/assets/services/ShoppingCartImpl.java [2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/samples/feed-aggregator/src/main/java/feed/AggregatorImpl.java
--
Jean-Sebastien