--On Friday, December 17, 2004 1:49 PM -0800 Jeff Shannon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't know perl, so I can't tell for certain, but I think so. However, there are many ways in which this could become more idiomatic Python code, and more efficient.

Thanks so much for all the comments and the valuable tips and the explanation of the actual algorithm.

The Perl code come with the web server I am using: Zeus. I won't be able to use your improved md5 implementation because my own scripts to manage the web sites would need to agree with Zeus's idea of where a domain's root directory is :)

Thanks a lot.

Mohamed~