> I ask that because I'm writting a little program that will make
> queries over a 1500 entries database, with very simple queries. I
need
> an answer in 1 or 2 seconds. I'm using SQLite now, but i wanted
> something that depends as little as possible of external
dependencies
> (as a database).

1500 entries shouldn't be a problem for queries either using DOM
(in memory) or XPath or even XQuery. If your app grows to 150000
it might stat to be a problem, and if you get over a million
entries I'd definitely start thinking about regular RDBMS.

The other feature is that for ~1500 entries the size of the
files will be about the same but anything bigger than that
and the XML version will quickly start to fill your disks...

Alan G.