A couple of minutes of googling for 'python odbc' finds the ODBC driver that comes with win32all. It seems to have a fairly simple interface. The download from this page has an example: http://py.vaults.ca/apyllo2.py/D906422565

HTH
Kent

Terry Carroll wrote:
Does anyone know of any online resource that explains how to interface to Microsoft Access via Python, where the intended audience is someone who knows Python, but not the Microsoft innards?

I've found http://starship.python.net/crew/bwilk/access.html (which doesn't work for me, and presumably is out of date) and http://www.ecp.cc/pyado.html (which mostly works well enough, but assumes you know Microsoft's Data Access Objects (DAO), and points to the overwhelming Microsoft ADO API Reference.

I don't want to do anything too fancy, just read data from my database, make a few calculations and print some summaries obtained from it. I know Python, but not Access (it's my company's DB, not mine) or DAO.