You might be interested in this:
http://www.tizmoi.net/watsup/intro.html

Kent

Orri Ganel wrote:

Actually, what I want to do is set Audacity up so that it automatically begins recording when a song plays in Windows Media Player (to begin with) and stops when the song is finished playing. I've already figured out how to force it to record and stop when I want to (though in a kind of ugly hackish way)(*), and now I'm working on learning the controls of WMP so I can test things like time left in the song, etc. I dl'ed the WMP 10 SDK but haven't really had a chance to take a thorough look at it yet, so hopefully it'll have what I need.

Cheers,
Orri