On Jan 26, 2005, at 02:44, Tony Meyer wrote:

time.timezone gives you, I think, the offset between
your current timezone and GMT. However, being myself in the GMT zone,
I don't know exactly if the returned offset is positive or negative
(it returns 0 here, which makes sense :D ).

Whether or not it's positive or negative depends on which side of GMT/UTC
you are, of course :) Note that the result in is seconds, too:

Of course. What I meant was that I didn't know which "side" returns a positive offset (IOW, whether Paris (GMT+1) returns -3600 or +3600 -- it's the former, it seems).

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"