Greetings all, I'm new to python and thought I'd pop in here for advice.

I've done object oriented design and programmed in perl, java, c++, basic, etc.

I haven't done a lot of development, mostly just glorified oject-oriented scripts.

I'm curious about good tutorial websites and books to buy.

I also have a development question for anybody who might know.  The project I'm working on now to develop my python skills is a prgram to script control another windows program.  The program doesn't have a published API so I'll probably need to locate memory addresses data fields and button routines.  Am I in way over my head for a Python beginner or does anybody have any advice for where to start poking around in memory and which python classes I should use to do so?