> I'm trying to make a macro system that's work by just doing this

OK, But to get your acros to use a language extension to python
(the with.... syntax) you are going to have to write your own
language interpreter/parser. Even if that just turns the 'with'
stuff into Python.

So why is the """ marker even necessary? Your interpreter doesn't
need it - although it might make things easier... I'm still
confused I think.

Alan G.