You can also do...

Umm, if you're going to make nmr and pbr the values you're printing, why are you printing the values?
Nevermind, look at this instead. BTW, aren't rows the horizontal things on tables?

nmr = nmrows[i]
pbr = cols[0]
print "%s\t%s" % (nmr,pbr)

>nmr = nmrows[i]
pbr = cols[0]
print nmrow[i] +'\t'+cols[0]

nmr = str(nmrows[i]) pbr = cols[0]

print nmrow[i]+'\t'+cols[0]

will print what you want.

--- Srinivas Iyyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello group,
 I am trying to print rows from two lists together:

how can i deal with TypeError' where i have to print
list and a string.

for line in pb:  # tab delim text with 12 columns
cols = line.split('\t')
temp_seq = cols[7].split('\n') # extract 7thcol
seq = temp_seq[0].split(',') #splitting it by ,
for nm in seq:
for i in range(len(nmrows)):
if nm == nmrows[i][0] and nmrows[i][3] < cols[4]
and nmrows[i][4] > cols[5]:
nmr = nmrows[i]
pbr = cols[0]
print nmrow[i] +'\t'+cols[0]

I tried the following also :

I created an empty list outside for loop and tried
extend the elements of the list and string

nmr = nmrows[i]
pbr = cols[0]
result.extend(nmr+'\t'+pbr)

# result is the list i created. nmr is a list, and
pbr
is a string.

can any one plaease help.

thanks