On Feb 3, 2005, at 23:41, Jeff Shannon wrote:

(But then, at my job I'm stuck using a horrible Frankenstein's monster of a proprietary language on a daily basis, so I can't help but believe that there's plenty more awful languages around that didn't happen to be "rescued" from oblivion by an accident of history...)

Yeah. Sometimes I read a little bit of Wikipedia's "Esoteric Programming Languages" page, and some of them just leave me in awe. Brainfuck (and its variant Ook!) and INTERCAL ("GOTO is considered harmful, so we removed it -- INTERCAL uses COME FROM instead") are already quite impressive, but the very idea of Befunge makes my brain want to explode. Especially that extension to the language that allows one to write N-dimensional programs. :D

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"