> But I'm looking for a solution to convert a Hex number
> into binary, decimal, interger numbers.

WE need to be very specific about our terminology here.
All numbers in the computer are stored in binary.
Only the string representation on the screen is
in decimal, octal, hex etc.

> What is the the binary value of the hex number 1F4.

The binary value is the same as the hex value.
The binary representation is 000111110100, but
unfortunately Python doesn't support binary in
its string formatting(although it does in int()!

It does support decimal(%d) and octal(%o) though.

And if you search the list archives you will find
several functions that you can use to generate
binary strings.

Alan G.