On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Mike Hall wrote:

> I'm on OS X, and I cannot get Python to import modules I've saved. I
> have created the the environment.plist file and appended it with my
> desired module path. If I print sys.path from the interpreter, my new
> path does indeed show up as the first listing,

Hi Mike,

Can you show us what your sys.path looks like?  Just do a cut-and-paste so
we can quickly validate it for you.

> yet any attempt at importing modules from this directory fails with
> ImportError.

Can you show us the exact thing you're typing, as well as the literal
error that Python shows?  I don't mean to be suspicious, but we have to
check for silly things like case-sensitivity issues.  I know that Mac OS
X's file system is case insensitive, so this might not be such a big
issue, but I'd still like looking at literal error messages.

Otherwise, I'm at a loss: the import should work.  I think we'll need to
see some more before we can diagnose this.  Do you have problems doing an
import if your modules's directory is the current working directory?

Also, can you do a quick 'ls -l' on your module directory?  That'll help
us just a quick double-check on what the files look like.

Best of wishes to you!