Chris,

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:37:10 +0000, Chris Bromley
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have several thousand files in dBaseIV format that I need to convert to
> shapefiles for use in ArcGIS. I've written a script (see below) to automate
> this process but thus far have been unable to get it to work. I suspect that
> there's a simple reason for this, but I'm a complete novice with Python and
> have been unable to find it.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Bromley
<snip script>

What you've written translates, in newsgroup-speak, to "Will somebody
write this script for me that I need?"

Boil your question down into something smaller, and then ask it with
the appropriate information. I suggest reading
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .

Peace
Bill Mill
bill.mill at gmail.com