Hi,

I'm just starting to get my feet wet with Python.  I'm trying to write
a CGI script to create an XML document using input from a web form.
The created document would be a MODS record[1], so I already have a
Schema for it.  I think I could make it work if I just feed the input
into a long string as variables, then write that out to a new
document, but I'd like to start investigating some of Python's XML
modules because that's a sexier solution and I'll probably be doing
more work in XML in the future.

I've been looking around at various resources such as the Python/XML
Howto[2], some of the articles by Uche Ogbuji[3], and elsewhere, and
frankly I'm a little overwhelmed by the many seemingly overlapping
methods.  Which one would the wise tutors recommend for my situation?

gabe

[1] http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/
[2] http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/howto/xml-howto.html
[3] http://www.xml.com/pub/au/84