Cool! Does anybody know of... I guess a rather *thorough* tutorial of win32?
for the very reason that I don't know that this existed, and there may be other things I can use that I'm missing...

TIA,
Jacob

Richard Lyons wrote:
I have little experience with programming. I have Python installed on a Windows XP system. What code do I need to use to send output from a Python script to a local printer attached to my workstation? to a network printer?

The win32print module (in Matt Hammond's windows modules) may help. eg:

    pid = win32print.OpenPrinter(win32print.GetDefaultPrinter())
    win32print.StartDocPrinter(pid, 1, ('My print job', None, 'raw'))
    win32print.WritePrinter(pid, s)
    win32print.EndDocPrinter(pid)
    win32print.ClosePrinter(pid)

When I did this, I was printing to a postscript printer, and I wasn't printing anything that required complex layout. So I generated the postscript code myself, and then just sent it straight to the printer...

--
John.