All,

I have program and init I want to "source" a .ksh file to set some
environment variables and then use those variables in my program.

Is this possible? I vaguely remember something about the system env and the
interpreters env being separate after the interpreter starts up.

For instance if I have a .ksh file called envSet.ksh:

#!/bin/ksh

unset OPSBIN

export OPSBIN=/u/ops/bin

---end --

Then

>>> os.system(". envSet.ksh")
0
>>> os.getenv("OPSBIN")

What is the 0.  I know that I can set the env using Python but all of the
correct env are in the .ksh files maintained by others.  I would hate to
have to take the .ksh and tread each line and if it is an export turn that
into a python  os.environ statement.

Any ideas.

Thanks

John