On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Taylor, Chris wrote:

> How do I execute a python script on my apache server?
>
> *(I am attempting to install google's sitemap generator...

Hi Chris,

This is more of an Apache configuration question, so you may get better
help by asking on an Apache-specific forum.  It's not that we don't like
getting questions, but we want to keep the content on Tutor focused on
learning Python.

In any case, here are details on setting up Apache support for Python:

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#CGIoutsideScriptAlias
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html

The second link, in particular, should be really helpful; when the
documentation refers to '.pl', add a '.py' in there too, and you should be
ok.  *grin*

If you have more questions on setting up Apache, again, you'll probably
get better answers by asking on a forum like:

    http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html

Best of wishes to you.