On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:03:00 +1200 (NZST)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Quoting Michael Lange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > I'm trying to write a python wrapper for the tkDnD Tk extension to add
> > drag and drop support
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Just a side issue --- tkDnD seems to be broken in python 2.4: see bug 1164742,
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1164742&group_id=5470&atid=105470
>
> --

Hi John,

thanks for the pointer , but of course I did not mean the python module but the
Tk extension library
( http://sourceforge.net/projects/tkdnd ), which adds "real" dnd support to Tk.

As far as I have tested (not very much however) it seems to work now, but I'm
still not sure if the on-the-fly adding of attributes
to classes of an imported module is proper programming style or "do-it-yourself
lobotomy" .
It is the first time for me to try wrapping a Tk extension for python, so I am
not sure of the way to go.

Anyway, it's a cool new feature for Tkinter, so I thought I should share it
with the community;
anyone who is interested can find it at
http://www.8ung.at/klappnase/TkinterDnD/TkinterDnD.html .

Any feedback is much appreciated.