Hy all,

I am a Java/PHP programmer.
I read the tutorial and I like the language. I am more interested in the web capabilities of the platform (CPython).

I have some questions I'd like to ask you guys:

1. Is there any decent forum were people are talking in python ?
2. what about speed ? (any beginners question I suppose). Is it something to be concerned about ? Does anyone know how it compares to PHP ? (for Java I allready know)
3. I want any usefull resources you can provide me with
4. What's the hottest web framework right now that does not require an application server (meaning that it runs on fastcgi)

Also, why is www.python.org so ugly :) ? If I'd like to point others to learn Python I would need a site that markets Python through eye-candy case studies, not some boring old site :). Just joking. I don't want to give examples of others. I am sure you guys know what I mean.

Thank you,