Hi there,

I would like to construct some string objects using the cprintf-style
format:

command_string = "diff -u %s %s > %s.patch" % ( src, dst, file )

Of course it is illegal in python but I couldn't figure out a way to
construct strings with that kind of formatting and substitution.

I have been looking and couldn't discover string constructor such as

command_string = string( "diff -u %s %s > %s.patch" % ( src, dst, file ) )

 From the documentation on docs.python.org, the closest is string
Template (but my python installation doesn't come with this module). Any
insights on initializing string in this manner?

Thanks, Gilbert.