Hi,

I sympathize (is that right?) I live in guatemala and the education
system here sucks (luckily I'm homeschooled). I picked up Python after a
year with Quick BASIC and 5 months later made my own GUI (Graphical User
Interface if you don't know already...) program.

First off you'll need the python interpreter for your OS (Windows,
Linux, Mac OS) from http://www.python.org/download/ then Download these
ebooks: A Byte of Python and Learning to Program (sorry I don't know the
URL but if you seach google (within qutotes [eg: "A Byte of Python"])
you'll find them quickly. Then complete Learning to Program First and A
Byte of Python second..... let's see... I had money so I bought some
O'reilly books, although you can find them illegally on the internet.
Any help for more good free ebooks for beginners from you people out
there? ;-)

Hope this helps. The process helped me.
Joseph