I've tried running that function, with a little Main
method like this:

import os

def run_mame_selection(selection):
    os.system("C:\\mame096b\\mame.exe"+""+selection)

#main
mine = "pacman"
run_mame_selection(mine)

What I get is like a brief flash of the CMD prompt
like it is trying it and not waiting or getting some
kind of return.

I'm really not sure where I'm going wrong at all! I'll
try re-writing using sub-process as I've upped my
Python to 2.4.