Jerl Simpson wrote:
>     The only piece I don't have going the Python route is actually
>     getting the GET

Which pieces do you have so far? If it is just Python, then you don't have all
the pieces yet. If you already have a server, which one are you using?

> Sorry, accidentally sent the last one before I was finished.
> I was saying, I just lack getting the GET URI into a variable, and then
> finding out the best way to parse it into it's components using Python.

The GET URI doesn't just magically appear - you need a webserver somewhere in
the picture. If you have written a webserver in C you must know a bit about
what is involved. It's not just getting a query parameter into a variable,
somewhere you have to implement the HTTP protocol.

There are many, many choices for how to do this in Python. Several have already
been pointed out to you -
Apache + Python CGI - simple way to get started
Apache + mod_python - runs Python in the same process as Apache,
industrial-strength and faster than CGI
CherryPy - All-Python solution, fairly easy to get started with though for
high-volume deployments it is recommended to run it behind Apache with
mod_rewrite.

Here is a long list of other possibilities:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebProgramming

Maybe you should ask your friend what server he recommends?

Kent