I've used CherryPy on a couple of projects now.  I use it with HTMLTemplate (http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/htmltemplate.html) and SQLObject (http://sqlobject.org/).

This has the advantage of being about as Pythonic as you can get, since everything you manipulate is represented as an object.  HTMLTemplate is especially nice since it completely separates the html from your code.  I can, have, and do change the interface frequently with impunity, and vice versa.  Contrast this with something like inline PHP.  It's also editable in any old wsywig HTML editor.  But you are free to choose whatever persistent storage and templating system you like.

CherryPy is low level, and will force you to make decisions about what templating you want to use, and what you want to use for a backend.  But the upside is, it feels no different than writing any other program.  Just do what you've always done, choose supporting packages you like, and it's off to the races.  It's even it's own webserver. So edit, run, edit run.  Same as always.

I can tell you why I didn't choose some others.  Zope is a chunky, labyrinth-like framework.  My friend runs Plone, built with Zope, and it's easily the most resource heavy thing running on my server.  That just sent me running.  Webware uses some sort of JSP/ASP/PHP alike, which makes me cringe in horror.  HTML and code do not belong together in a big inline spaghetti lovefest.  IMHO :)

Twisted is an "asynchronous networking framework", and I haven't used it, but actually looks fairly small, has it's own webserver, and a very very nice looking templating system which has the same philosophy as HTMLTemplate, but has some really cool feautures like livepage, which seems to be the same thing as AJAX, a la google maps.  I just haven't had a reason to check it out, but it would be first on my list to check.  It's more of a kitchen sink approach, or general purpose if you prefer, but does seem cool.  So if you are looking for something like that, well.  Build websites, write chat programs!

OK.  Enough early morning rambling :)  Good luck choosing.