On Friday 07 October 2005 10:20, Suranga Sarukkali wrote:
> All this could look mostly like any of a question of a idiot! sorry for
> that. I've heard that Python is good for hacking and when I ask how to here
> on python tutor mailing list answers were all about reading some article
> I've already read before, it's not hacking I'm into now but a similar
> thing, Cracking and I've got lots of software by these we call proprietary
> software developers who are some greedy people having fun licensing
> software. Can I get help to this using python and if how to? or elif can't
> how to? else where can I get started and going?
>
> Thanks for all other questions you've answered!
> reply to me on [EMAIL PROTECTED] at your earliest convenience.

People who license software are well within their rights to do so. It took
them time, effort and hence money to produce the software, and they
deserve recompense. You wouldn't *demand* that the people emptying
the bins in offces the code was developed in work for no wages would
you?

If you can't afford the software at their prices, I would suggest that it is
they who have a problem rather than you. After all you have a wide variety
of alternatives available.

I don't however respect anyone who doesn't respect the rights of others.
Sure, I don't agree with the poltics of party X and partly that's to do with
not agreeing with their views on what is/isn't greedy. That doesn't give
me the right to damage their livelihood.

If you can't afford their software, then can I request you sta,rt using Free
Software instead? You will still be complying with greedy people's licenses
(they're greedy for freedom), but you will be helping people rather than
hurting people.

You might ask who am I to ask this question this way - a fair question. I'm  a
person who was once a student, and when unable to pay for a commercial C
compiler (neither  Microsoft's or Borland's) chose the route of using DJGPP -
a Free alternative.

I didn't consider rogue copying then acceptable, despite a need, and lack of
finance, and nor do I now. There are alternatives.

Also, finally consider this: the required ability to *make* a crack (rather
than follow a script) is normally pretty high. You /could/ apply that ability
soley to destroying the incomes of people (which is what you do if
you /release. a crack) . Alternatively you could take that energy and ability
into building better things.

Destruction or construction? your choice. I doubt you'll find many, if any,
people to aid you in a destructive task.

Regards,

Michael.