Hi,

I use the following construction to make sure the data attribute site_id is set
only once for each object:

def GetSiteID(self):
    return self._site_id

def SetSiteID(self, value):
    if not (hasattr(self, '_site_id') and self._site_id): self._site_id = value

site_id = property(GetSiteID, SetSiteID)

site_id is supposed to be set either through a parameter, derived from the
server name (the default case) or via a class attribute:

class SiteList(Lists):
    site_id = 1

The latter case does not work: the site_id is still derived from the server
name for objects of class SiteList. Why is that? How can I make Python check
the superclasses for a class attribute before applying the SiteMode() method?

Thanks,

Jan
--
How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None. They
just redefine "dark" as the new standard.