On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 19:59 +0000, dave wrote:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/dave/my files/andrew_torture/email_remind.py", line 49, in ?
>     email_remind()
>   File "/home/dave/my files/andrew_torture/email_remind.py", line 43, in
> email_remind
>     raise 'Mail Failure\n'+str(sys.exc_type)+'\n'+str(sys.exc_value)
> Mail Failure
> smtplib.SMTPRecipientsRefused
> {'[EMAIL PROTECTED]': (553, "sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed
> rcpthosts (#5.7.1)")}

http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/05/21/smtp-replies.html

It is a standard SMTP error message.  Essentially the mail server is
trying to prevent relaying.  Your script is working correctly.

This SMTP server, since it works some of the time, probably uses POP
before SMTP to authenticate your request.  So if you login to the POP
server using your mailbox name and password, it will authenticate your
IP address as permitted to relay.  This authentication will time out
after a few minutes.  Test this by checking your email on that server
and then see if your script runs successfully.

If you can use an SMTP server from your ISP that uses IP addresses to
control relaying, you can avoid the need to login to the POP server.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp