Hi,

Nelson, Scott wrote on 06.12.2005:

>An unhandled exception immediately stops the execution of your code.
>
>A handled exception (try/except) does not stop code execution (unless
>you explicitly tell it to).
>
>This shows how a handled exception does not stop code execution:
>
>try:
>   raise Exception
>except:
>   print 'caught exception'
>print 'fell through'

This is exactly what I need Python to do: Raise the exception for a certain
record and go on with the following records.

I just do not see why the same loop is raised over and over again - obviously
because of the same malformed HTML tag.

Adding a break statement causes Python to skip all following records, which is
not what I need.

Thanks,

Jan
--
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't
believe this to be a coincidence. - Jeremy S. Anderson