> Hi Danny and all,
>
> I take your point about the information being available to the OP in
> the docs. I was reacting to the follow up post which I read as saying
> something like "Don't bug us if you are lazy". That struck me as less
> friendly than the usual tone on the list.
>
> The mistake was entirely mine, though. I didn't notice that the
> "google it" follow-up *was* from the OP by way of apologizing for
> asking a question that was easy enough to answer for oneself.
>
> So, :-[
>
> Best to all,
>
> Brian vdB

I think Brian, from context, that the OP was Vikas. I agree, however,
it was a tad less friendly than normal especially considering the low
ball odds of getting a definite hit from searching for "::="... I have
enough trouble searching for .NET...

But then, we all have bad days, wherein a particular question invokes
in us a flame/answer, and we regret it almost as soon as sent.

Also, with regard to the Python docs... they aren't very newbie
friendly, not really intended for the nubs. It's taken me a year to
learn how to extract useful information from them.

The trick of "read them really carefully, because the important bits
usually aren't bullet-pointed for you" is the best one.

Which reminds me of why Powerpoint is considered harmful.

regards,

Liam Clarke