Hi
   Thanks to Allan,Danny,Pujo
       I did my simple python script  for  MySQL , the
scripts add the data , and search for the data and
display
          I have problem in searching  email id  ,ie
If search for the  [EMAIL PROTECTED] , I will not get any
result , Guidance and advice needed  for the reason
for this behavior
 I had added my script in this mail
                      Thanks
                             Joseph John

""" This program is for to learn
        how to enter data to MySQL using python
        How to search
        not using OOP

      Have  problem in searching email-id
        Why I do not get correct results when
         searching email id
       "@" string search  containg "@" gives empty
results

"""

import MySQLdb

def selecter():
        choice = None
        while choice != "0":
                print \
                """
                Data Base Entry for the  Testing Env
                0       -       Quit
                1       -       Enter the Data
                2       -       Display The data
                3       -       Search The Company
                """
                choice = raw_input("Choice :........")
                print

                if choice == "0":
                        print "Good Bye ..."
                elif choice == "1":
                        dataentry()

                elif choice == "2":
                        datashow()
                elif choice == "3":
                        datasearch()

def dataentry():
        name = raw_input("Enter the name of the company ")
        email_id = raw_input("\n Enter the email ID : ")
        phone_no = raw_input("Enter the Phone No : ")
        fax_no  = raw_input("\n Enter the fax no : ")

        db = MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost",user = "john",
passwd = "asdlkj", db = 'learnpython')
        entry = db.cursor()
        #entry.execute("""INSERT INTO contact
""",(name,email_id,phone_no,fax_no,))
        entry.execute("""INSERT INTO
contact(name,email_id,phone_no,fax_no) VALUES
(%s,%s,%s,%s)""",(name,email_id,phone_no,fax_no,))
        print  name , email_id , fax_no, phone_no

def datashow():
        db = MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost",user = "john",
passwd = "asdlkj", db = 'learnpython')
        entry = db.cursor()
        entry.execute("SELECT * from contact")
        p = entry.fetchall()
        print p

def datasearch():
        print "Do U want to search by Name , email id , phone
or fax "
        choice = None
        while choice != "0":
                print \
                """
                 U want to search the contacts by
                0       -       Quit
                1       -       Name
                2       -       email_id
                3       -       phone
                4       -       fax
                """
                choice = raw_input("Choice :........")
                print

                if choice == "0":
                        print "Good Bye ..."
                elif choice == "1":
                        searchbyname()

                elif choice == "2":
                        searchbyemail()

                elif choice == "3":
                        searchbyphone()
                elif choice == "4":
                        searchbyfax()

def searchbyname():
        s_name = raw_input("Enter the name to be searched ")
        db = MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost",user = "john",
passwd = "asdlkj", db = 'learnpython')
        entry = db.cursor()
        entry.execute("""SELECT * FROM contact WHERE name =
%s""", (s_name,))
        p = entry.fetchall()
        print p

def searchbyemail():
        s_email = raw_input("Enter the Email  to be searched
")
        db = MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost",user = "john",
passwd = "asdlkj", db = 'learnpython')
        entry = db.cursor()
        entry.execute("""SELECT * FROM contact WHERE email_id
= %s""", (s_email,))
        p = entry.fetchall()
        print p

def searchbyphone():
        s_phone= raw_input("Enter the Phone no   to be
searched ")
        db = MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost",user = "john",
passwd = "asdlkj", db = 'learnpython')
        entry = db.cursor()
        entry.execute("""SELECT * FROM contact WHERE phone_no
 = %s""", (s_phone,))
        p = entry.fetchall()
        print p

def searchbyfax():
        s_fax = raw_input("Enter the FAX no  to be searched
")
        db = MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost",user = "john",
passwd = "asdlkj", db = 'learnpython')
        entry = db.cursor()
        entry.execute("""SELECT * FROM contact WHERE fax_no =
        p = entry.fetchall()
        print p

selecter()