Hi Johnny,

As someone already said, it could be possible to do that without going
into any code, but assuming you want to do it by means of Python...

I assume you're using Windows, are you trying to control another
application (the one that came with your webcam)? are you trying to
write a program that accesses the driver for your webcam?

In any case, whatever you're trying to accomplish will have a lot to do
with what the operating system allows you. May I suggest you take
another program or exercise more related to programming before you
become complicated with so mucho weird operating system interfaces?

I suppose webcams are accessed through the TWAIN infterface. There is
(old) support for python, here:

http://twainmodule.sourceforge.net/docs/

Hugo