Christian,

You are certainly right. I couldn't get anything apart from "Hello world" coding in mod_python. The mod_python manual is also bit vague, not for beginners. I wonder why there aren't any good tutorials on mod_python.

I am having a look at quixote as a developer in this list suggested. I would take a look at cherrypy if quixote is too deep for me.

Thanks for your time and the example. I believe your website is written completely in cherrypy. Working on so many projects ,nice work.

Intercodes

# simple example
import cherrypy
import time

class MySection(object):
    @cherrypy.expose
    def index(self):
        yield "<h1>Hello, world!</h1>"
        yield "<a href=''>Check the time</a>"
# if you are using Python 2.3, you do the following to expose a method
#   index.exposed = True

    @cherrypy.expose
    def time(self):
        return "<p>The current time is %s</p>" % self.get_time()

# this method is not exposed and thus not accessible from the web
    def get_time(self):
        return time.ctime()

# mount the class at the server root
cherrypy.root = MySection()

cherrypy.server.start ()
# end of example

You can then run that script and visit http://localhost:8080/.  That
will call the "index" method of the MySection object mounted at the
server root.  You can also visit http://localhost:8080/time.  However,
http://localhost:8080/get_time is _not_ available to the web, because it
is not "exposed".

Anyhow, CherryPy is very pythonic and flexible.  Use whatever DB you
want (or flat files or ...).  Use whatever templating language you want
(or just return html from your methods.

Anyhow, that's probably more info than you wanted.  Good luck!

Christian
http://www.dowski.com

ps And "as a beginner", I would _not_ start with something like
mod_python ;-)