Alan

As a matter of interest, did you have much knowledge of Python before you tried TKinter?  I'm only a python beginner at present.

Catherine

On 1/26/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Hi!

Just started trying to get to grips with Python and Tkinter.  Have Frederick
Lundh's tutorial and am on program hello2.py which looks like this

# File: hello2.py

from Tkinter import *

class App:

   def __init__(self, master):

       frame = Frame(master)
       frame.pack()

       self.button = Button(frame, text="QUIT", fg="red", command=frame.quit)
       self.button.pack(side=LEFT)

       self.hi_there = Button(frame, text="Hello", command=self.say_hi)
       self.hi_there.pack (side=LEFT)

   def say_hi(self):
       print "hi there, everyone!"

root = Tk()

app = App(root)

root.mainloop()

I am running from inside Pythonwin 2.4 IDE under XP Pro and every time I run
hello2.py it freezes when I press "QUIT".  The only way to kill it is through
Alt-Ctrl-Del but this crashes Pythonwin.  Any workaround for this so that I
can use Tkinter from inside the IDE?  BTW the same thing happend with IDLE

Thanks in advance

Alun Griffiths