On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Andre Roberge wrote:

I would *guess* that you'd want instead something like
tcName = self.myNotebook.modModel.tcName

André,

  You got me looking in the right direction. What works is:

  tcName = self.mainNB.pane_1.tcName

  So, now the entered name displays in the TextCtrl widget, but it's not
being assigned to the variable, modName, in the modModel class. But, I think
that I have a better understanding now of what's going on and, with some
trial and error exploration should get this resolved, too.

Many thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"