Thanks very much all. :) I'll have a crack this afternoon and let you know.

Kent - the increase in the queue size for the socket server is to
allow for any delay in processing packets; it has a default queue size
of 5 and then it starts rejecting packets; more of a safety policy
when reducing CPU usage than a direct attempt to reduce CPU usage.

Once again, thanks for the input!