On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 19:44 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  How would I go about hiring a python tutor who:
>
> Spends time critiquing my code and providing detailed feedback.
> Cares about good programming practices and is able to provide cogent
> explanations of programming principles.
> Can instruct me in the finer points of breaking a programming problem
> down
> into constituent parts.
> Is well versed in Python.  It would be great (but not necessary) if
> he/she
> were also familiar with data mining practices.
>
>  I would be willing to pay 20-30$ an hour (or more depending on
> instructor
> qualifications).
>
>    How do I go about doing this?  Any suggestions?

Sometimes having someone sitting at your side helping you get acclimated
can be a big help.  I would expect your school would have some computer
oriented clubs or groups where you could find the expertise you're
looking for.

A Linux User Group could be a good source of help, even if you are using
Windows since the percentage of Python users is generally higher among
Linux folks than in the Windows population.

For remote help, this list is hard to beat.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp