2006/5/2, michel maho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> To all
>     I have the following calculation:
>
>     "Je Body Mass Index is",gewicht/lengte**2
>
>     The result is a (digital?)floating point figure with with 10 decimal
> numbers. For =
>     example 27.2345678487
>     Did I mis something? I would like to reduce it to one or two decimal =
>     numbers.(27.2) but round(_,1) does not work.
>     Is there any other way?
>     Thank You
>     Michel Maho
> Sorry if this is a second mail.
> Something went wrong

You can use string formatting here:
"Je Body Mass Index is %.1f"%gewicht/lengte**2

The % inside the string says that one should format the thing
following the % after the string here. ".2f" specifies how it should
be formatted - f says that we will have a floating-point value, shown
in decimal (not exponentional form), and the .1 means that there
should be 1 digit after the decimal dot.

--
Andre Engels, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels