On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, ravi sankar wrote:

>    we are doing an intranet portral search.we had a look at the
> tutorials for Regular expressions...we need an insight on how to
> implement this.we r in the process of developing a unified search...

If you have a question, please ask it directly.  Are you asking for help
in finding search engine implementations in Python, or how to implement
regular expressions?

Another question that comes up directly is: if you do have to implement a
search engine, why?  The technology for search engines is already
established.  Have you looked at common implementations such as Lucene or
ht://Dig yet?

     http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/
     http://www.htdig.org/

Other than that, this really sounds like an assignment for a data-mining
class.  It skirts too close to homework territiory.  So unless you have
specific Python questions, the help we can give you will be limited.