On 7/11/06, Alan Gauld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Things which are easy in the shell are usually less easy in Python.
In your case a simple cp -r will copy the files and an rm -rf will
delete the originals.

Or you could just use mv on the top level folder.

But I don't want the sub folders to come along with the copy. I'd like to grab the mp3 files out of a set of subfolders and place them all into a single folder somewhere else.

I'm completely lost when it comes to bash scripting, so I may take Michael P. Reilly's suggestion as a starting point since it's the only one I understand at first glance ;).

I'm really a newbie to python programming so readability and understanding it is first on my list. Efficiency and speed is secondary to me at the moment.

Thanks to all for the help.