Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 10:34 AM
Subject: [Tutor] Problem with Pythonwin

Hi folks,

I am new to Python and have just taken a few steps in this long journey..

I am using a windows box and I have installed Activestate ActivePython 2.4

When I start Pythonwin IDE, it gives me the following error:

  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\python\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\startup.py", line 49, in ?
    exec "import %s\n" % moduleName
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\python\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\intpyapp.py", line 8, in ?
    import string
  File "C:\python\Lib\string.py", line 83, in ?
    import re as _re
  File "re.py", line 9, in ?
    i = input("Enter any positive integer\n")
exceptions.EOFError: EOF when reading a line

Can anyone help me with this??

Regards,
Asrar