Sometimes I have also some  - or more - problems trying digesting python
and feeling totally blocked.

My programming experience (beginning at the card-reader aera)
main-frame, mini and micro :
Bit / Byte / Word system-programming via switch-console followed by
Assembler and commercial
software using Basic, Cobol, Pascal and SQL.
Mnemonic programming-language - in my understanding - can only be
consisting of expressions near the
human language. The best example for writing non-system-programms are
Basic and SQL.
Why should I waste time in learning a "language" like Java (or more
positive: python) ?
Nevertheless this Tutor Digest is most helpful, the number of questions
/ problems show
some more people are looking for a mnemonic-language which should
cross-compile to something
with multiplatform-capability like Java.
Please let me know, if I am entirely wrong.

Klaus Ramelow