johnf wrote:
> On Sunday 22 October 2006 20:03, Luke Paireepinart wrote:
>
>>>       """Create the Second ListBox"""
>>>
>>>       self.lbRSSItems = Listbox(self, exportselection=0
>>>                                 ,command=self.reveal
>>>                                 , relief=SUNKEN)
>>>
>> Because whitespace is important in python,
>> you can't arbitrarily put newlines into your text.
>> Your program is getting confused because it doesn't know what ',
>> relief=SUNKEN)' means.
>> Try putting a '\' before your newlines.
>> Like:
>> x = \
>> 'a'
>>

>> HTH,
>> -Luke
>>
> I'm not an expert Luke but I thought a statement can take more than one line
> when enclosed in parentheses, square brackets or braces (also when triple
> quoted).  Is this correct????

Yep, yep.
I confess, I didn't look too closely at that, and I guess I heard one
should use backslashes whenever a command goes to a new line,
and I assumed it was always true, and never tried without them!
You're right, of course, John, and I apologize to the OP.  Alan had the
correct answer to the problem.
Listboxes don't take a command argument.

Hope that helps!
-Luke