Asrarahmed, I saw this on the matplotlib site, perhaps it pertains to your situation:

The latest matplotlib-0.87.6 for windows was compiled with numpy 1.0rc2. Please do not upgrade matplotlib for windows if you are running the latest numpy 1.0rc3. Check back soon as we hope to get a binary build for the latest numpy ASAP. You can check your numpy version by doing
>>> import numpy
>>> print numpy.__version__

Note, the latest matplotlib compiles and runs fine against the latest
numpy -- this only affects binary builds such as the windows
installer.

On 10/23/06, Asrarahmed Kadri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have installed numpy but still I am not able to use matplotlib.
the error is same:

>>> from pylab import *
RuntimeError: module compiled against version 1000002 of C-API but this version
of numpy is 1000009

The import of the numpy version of the nxutils module,
_nsnxutils, failed.  This is is either because numpy was
unavailable when matplotlib was compiled, because a dependency of
_nsnxutils could not be satisfied, or because the build flag for
this module was turned off in setup.py.  If it appears that
_nsnxutils was not built, make sure you have a working copy of
numpy and then re-install matplotlib. Otherwise, the following
traceback gives more details:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\python\Lib\site-packages\pylab.py", line 1, in ?
    from matplotlib.pylab import *
  File "C:\python\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\pylab.py", line 199, in ?
    import mlab  #so I can override hist, psd, etc...
  File "C:\python\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\mlab.py", line 64, in ?
    import nxutils
  File "C:\python\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\nxutils.py", line 17, in ?
    from matplotlib._ns_nxutils import *
ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import